Visitation Rules and Regulations
Before you Visit
- You must completeÂ a visitation request form and mail it back to the Correctional Center, not the inmate. Completed visiting forms may be delivered to the Corrections' Lobby.Â Â Visitation Form - EnglishÂ Â Formulario Para Visitas
- The person visiting must be at least 18 years of ageÂ Â (See Children's Visitation Rules)Â
- You will be checked for warrants, fugitive from justice and recent incarcerations
- The inmate will be notified of their visitors approved or disapproved status. It is the inmate's responsibility to notify you of your visiting status, approved or denied
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Closed for Lunch 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
12:30 PM to 6:00 PM (Closed for Dinner 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
NOTE:Â 2:50 PM to 3:20 PMÂ (Shift Change - No new visits will be started)
All visiting ends at 9:30 PM
- Visiting is conducted on a first come first served basis
- Visits are a maximum of one hour in length
- Inmates are authorized two personal visits per week including special visits
- Inmates are authorized two 30 minute Clergy visits per week
- Clergy members must be on the approved Clergy visitation list
- Clergy member who is a member of an inmate's family may not have contact visitation but are welcome to video visitation personal visits
- There is no limit to the amount of professional visits
- Professionals need to be on the approved list
- Attorney's require a current bar card
- Law Enforcement need to provide proper identification
There will be no personal visits on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
Conduct During Visit
- The Lobby Officers will monitor all visiting sessions
- Lewd conduct or the attempt to expose the breast(s) or genital area, by either the inmate or visitor, will result in the visitor's removal from the inmate's visitor list
Authorized Personal Property
- Family and Friends â€“ Valid photo identification (driverâ€™s license, Government Issue photo id) must be provided.Â
- All personal property must be secured in a locker or in your vehicle. The Lockers are available just inside the lobby entrance for $.25. The money is returned when the key is returned. Personal property includes but is not limited to the following.
- Headgear (hats, caps, sun visors, sweatband, bandannas, plastic shower caps etc)
- Jackets or coats
- Electronic devices (cell phones, cameras, games, etc.)
- Purses and Wallets
- Food or Drinks
- Tobacco, tobacco products, lighters or matches
- Illegal substances or drugs
- Firearms, knives or other weapons
- Religious headgear such as a kuffe, yarmulke/skull cap, or khimar (Arabic headscarf) is permitted. Visitors, who have written documentation from a Physician which states that, for medical reasons, they (the visitor) must wear some type of headgear, bandage or article which covers the head, may be permitted to wear such items into the visiting room while visiting.
- An ATM card may be brought in to use the ATM machine in the visitation area.
- Medically authorized prosthetic appliances, such as wheelchairs, crutches, canes, hearing aids, or artificial limbs are permitted.
- Prescription medication that may be needed immediately (nitroglycerine or prescribed asthma inhaler) will be allowed but must be in its original container.
- Visitors with children may bring the additional items. Â
- One Baby Bottle (no sippy cups)
- One (1) pacifier
- One simple, non-weapon toy
- Infant carriers (no strollers)
- One Baby Blanket
- One spit towel
- Attorney, Clergy, and Professional Visitors Â â€“ Must be on the approved visitation list or have a valid bar card
- Personal property included in the list above is prohibited.
- Attorney, Clergy and Professional visitors shall secure their belongings in designated lockers prior to leaving the lobby to go to Attorney Clergy visitation area.Â
- No electronic devices (i.e. cell phones, tape recorders or computers) are allowed unless authorized through the Office of Professional Responsibility.
- Brief cases, legal documents, and writing instruments are authorized but will be searched prior to entry into the facility
- Law Enforcement Personnel are not permitted to bring firearms, other weapons, OC spray, restraints or keys into the facility. Secure lockers are provided in a locked room. The Lobby Sergeant can assist with the access to these lockers. A clearing barrel has been provided.